Trash~Recycling~Yard Waste~Bulky Item
Pick-up is on Thursdays.
Set out by 6:00 a.m.
Per City Code: do not set out any earlier than the evening before pickup.
Deviation from this policy may result in trash not being picked up.
Holiday Schedule -- No pickup on these days. Service is delayed one day.
Call Customer Service 800-964-8988 to be placed on automated call list for changes in pickup service and other information.
You may view the Holiday Schedule online.
• New Year's Day
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Memorial Day
• 4th of July
• Labor Day
• Thanksgiving Day
• Christmas Day
Household Trash (Cart with the black lid)
• All trash should be placed in bags and placed inside the cart.
• Place your cart at the curb by 6 a.m. each Thursday.
• Make sure the arrows on the cart are pointing toward the street (hinges toward your house).
• Any trash that does not fit in the cart should be in a bag with a sticker.
• Stickers for extra bags are available by calling Deffenbaugh (630-652-9280).
• The first trash day after the 4th of July and Christmas will not require a sticker or additional bags.
• The cart(s) belongs to Waste Management. The original owner will be charged for a replacement if it is missing for any reason.
Recycling (Cart with the yellow lid)
See attached document (below) for acceptable and unacceptable recyclables.
• Recyclables should be placed loosely inside the cart (no bags, please).
• Place the Recycling Cart at least 3 feet away from the Trash Cart.
• See below for a downloadable list of permitted and non-permitted items.
• Yard waste items should be in KRAFT paper bags.
• Branches tied in bundles should be placed beside your carts.
• A combination of 8 bags or bundles is allowed each week Jan-Sept. 10 bags/bundles allowed each week Oct-Dec.
• Additional items over 10 require a sticker as mentioned above.
Pickup days: 3rd Thursday of each month
• One heavy/bulky item pickup is allowed each month.
• Item must be able to be lifted by 2 men.
• Item over 6 feet long should be cut in half.
• At least one day prior to the pickup day, call Waste Management (913-631-3300) to request pickup of your item.
• Set the item out before 6:00 am of the pickup day.
• If a neighbor picks up your item, please call and cancel your request.
• Pick up is by a separate truck.
• If the item is not picked up by Friday afternoon, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Unacceptable Bulky Items:
• Hazardous waste material
• Freon items
• Remodeling/construction debris
• Yard waste
• Household trash